Simple Reviews Pty Ltd ABN 96 606 218 393 (“Simple Reviews”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information when you deal with us.
We will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. You can access our website and browse our applications without disclosing personal information.
We collect your personal information for the purpose of:
- sharing your personal experiences with our client’s businesses on social media and review sites including Google My Business, Facebook, True Local, Yelpand Word of Mouth; and
- for contacting you to provide you with the opportunity to simply and easily share your personal experiences with our client’s businesses on social media and review sites including Google My Business, Facebook, True Local, Yelpand Word of Mouth.
We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your prior express consent. We will not ever sell or rent your personal information, including sensitive information, to anyone without your prior express consent. We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is stored securely to prevent misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed unless required by law or to prevent or investigate suspected unlawful activity. Where you contact a Simple Reviews representative and verbally request your dealings with us to be conducted on the condition of anonymity, we will remove your personal information from our systems to the extent of your request. To the extent required by law, Simple Reviews will attempt to comply with such a verbal request. However, there may be circumstances where Simple Reviews is not permitted by law to deal with individuals who are unwilling to disclose their identity.
Collection of information
- Some information provided to us by our clients, customers and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one or many of our functions or activities.
Simple Reviews collects personal information from people in the following situations:
- If you contact Simple Reviews we may keep a record of that correspondence; or
- If you provide your name, phone number, email address, image or other information about you on our website or on an application owned by us (for example, Simple Reviews).
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
- Unless required by law, any information that we may use or disclose in accordance with this policy will be stored in Australia and will not be sent overseas.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
- In addition, we are only permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where it is unreasonable or impractical to obtain your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information and we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s, life, health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a warrant, a subpoena or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body;
- Where the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim; and
- Where we disclose personal information, other than sensitive information, to a related body corporate of Simple Reviews.
Destruction or De-identification of Unsolicited information
- If Simple Reviews receives unsolicited personal information that it could not have collected under this agreement, or within the confines of the law, Simple Reviews will destroy or de-identify the unsolicited personal information as soon as practicable, if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
- Our website, applications or communications with you may contain links to other websites and those third party websites or applications may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. Simple Reviews encourages users to be aware when they leave the site or click on a link in a communication we send to you and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
- Our social media accounts may contain tags or links to other social media accounts which may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or pages or the content on those pages that are linked to our social media accounts. Simple Reviews encourages users to be aware when they leave our accounts and to read any applicable privacy statements of each and every page that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
- Simple Reviews places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our clients, customers and third parties. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
- Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
- Simple Reviews retains the information you provide to us including your contact details to enable us to contact you to provide you with the opportunity to simply and easily share your personal experiences with our client’s businesses on social media and review sites including Google My Business, Facebook, True Local, Yelpand Word of Mouth. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Simple Reviews cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Simple Reviews receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
- Simple Reviews are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients, specifiers and contractors and website and application users that is in line with the purpose of our collection.
- Whenever possible, you may access your personal information held by Simple Reviews at any time by contacting us via email at email@example.com
- We will authorise the correction of any inaccurate data upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you and after we have taken reasonable steps to verify your identity.
- We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about, you as soon as reasonably practicable. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web-site at privacy.gov.au. Please contact us If you would like a copy of the National Privacy Principles to be made available to you free of charge.
Suite 53, Waterman Business Centre
Level 2, UL40/1341 Dandenong Rd
Chadstone Victoria 3148
Last updated December 2017